The following English, Japanese and Chinese software updates for PC-3000 and DE are released today:
- PC-3000 Express/UDMA-E/Portable Ver. 6.3.12
- Data Extractor v.5.6.8
You’ve been waiting for it!
The long-anticipated solution to the burning issue of recovering data from locked Seagate F3 Rosewood HDDs is pioneered by ACE Lab. The new update is a real breakthrough for everyone who works with Rosewood-family drives!
Please, read our Blog article to learn more about the unlocking process of the Rosewood Drives.
The main enhancements:
- Added Tech Mode Unlock for HDDs (including Rosewood drives)
- Added the ability to upload the Loader via Terminal
WD Marvell, Hitachi-IBM-Arm
- Added new “Unlock techno mode access” for video recorders’ HDDs.
- Greatly improved parsing algorithm for damaged XFS and HFS+ file systems
- You can now proceed with an aborted scan on the map in “RAW recovery” mode
- Enhanced algorithms of building directory map and files saving operations
Detailed list of enhancements:
For PC-3000 Express, UDMA-E, Portable
- Improved “Utility status” dialogue box: auto scan of HDD parameters is off
- Improved auto detect procedure of SA’s physical sector size
- Added support for the following HDD families: Pharaoh_Oasis, M10TDP, V9, Rosewood (8C), Rosewood (A5)
- Tech Mode Unlock procedure has been improved. It now works on all family drives with the signed microprogram (including Rosewood)
- Remastered ROM Read-Write procedure for Rosewood-family drives: you can manually set the size of ROM and the type of writing procedure
- ROM Read-Write procedures added for Rosewood-family group: data transfer protocol YModem
- Increased the loading speed of ROM Read-Write procedure
- Added support for new terminal frequencies: 3Mbaud, and 6Mbaud – for the new PC-USB-Terminal III adapter
- The initializer of Sys Files lists has been rewritten to a new architecture
- Added the possibility to initialize the list of Sys Files from the T>y report
- The ability to upload the Loader via Terminal has been added
- Added the possibility to apply or delete the "Tech Mode Unlocking Preparation, (Patch)" (had been called "Grenada Tech Unlock Prepare" before)
- The ROM size of 512KB is readable for all HDD now. The utility writes 256KB for the previously saved resources and 512KB for the newly saved resources
- The number of blocks increases. Blocks 0,1 are the active configuration of NV-RAM, blocks 2-4 are logs, block 5 is E2CH (depending on the FW version, some blocks can be unsupported by the drive)
- Added an unlock "Unlock techno mode access" (usually for HDDs from DVR). The mode is placed in the Start menu of utility
- Added an unlock "Unlock techno mode access" for HDDs with setting up 'locked HDD' flag in module 02 (usually for HDDs from DVR). The mode is placed in the "Service information" menu and in the entry dialogue (context menu of the "HDD" button)
- "Addition the defects from S-LIST" menu in the defects editor has been added
- Added Warning alert of S-LIST module overwriting, in the case of defect saving
- Fixed the bug which caused task creation error in Data Extractor
- For XFS: modified algorithm for parsing corrupted metadata
- For HFS+: the enhanced procedure of files formation in case of heavily fragmented native FS
- Optimised catalogue circumvent algorithm used for catalogues' map creating and files saving
- "RAW recovery" mode: added ability to continue interrupted search by map
- Search by map has been remastered (the search went beyond the map in some cases earlier)
Data Extractor RAID Edition
- Configuration auto detection by MDADM 1.x metadata has been improved
- Fixed issue with adding File image to RAID members
All authorized technical support users will get the latest software versions.
Please contact us to get information how to receive the latest PC-3000 Software Updates.